Happy Wednesday everyone!
A light summer look with a linen vest, delicate lace, and comfy shorts.
I get emails quite often about budgeting and timing for sales on shoes and bags, and would love to share my thoughts on this topic. For this blog post, we’ll talk about bags first (we’ll talk about shoe sales in another blog post). I find that there are two ways to score a great deal on a bag or shoes – in-store and/or online.
– In-store –
In my personal experience, great and kind sale associates not only help you while you’re in the store, but also wants to develop a long-term relationship when you’re not visiting the store. Some will call, text, or email updating you on new arrivals, special events, and pre-sale/sales information. The question is how do you get on their radar. And the answer is… it’s somewhat like dating. You frequent the store, chat with them, and ask kindly to be on their list. The more they see you, the more they’ll remember you and get to know your preferences on handbag styles and colors, and when the sale season comes, they can curate a great selection that will hopefully match your preferences. These sale associate relationships do take time to develop. Be patient, be kind, and happy hunting!
– Online –
There are so many great sale sites online! For bags, my personal favorites are The OUTNET and BlueFly. I find that THE OUTNET has a great sale selection of specialty and advance contemporary pieces and BlueFly has an amazing selection of designer bags. Just like in-store, it’s rare to find designer classics and black colored classic styles on sale (rare but not impossible! I did find a few below!). However, there are so many great neutral colored bags that are versatile and timeless. Personally, I love red, olive, brown, nude/beige, navy, and grey. If you’re hunting for a bag, I found a few below that are classic and beautiful:
1. A Mulberry classic – the MULBERRY Alexa in black (15% off with extra 20% off with code ‘FAMILY’)
2. I’m seriously considering this one. I have it in red and wear it very often, and this brown color is a beautiful neutral as well – VALENTINO tan ‘Rockstud’ shoulder bag (20% off with extra 20% off with code ‘FAMILY’)
3. A chic office bag in a classic autumn color – ALEXANDER WANG leather tote (60% off)
4. Another classic – PROENZA SCHOULER black suede ‘PS1’ (25% off with extra 20% off with code ‘FAMILY’)
5. A Chloe gem in soft gray – CHLOE grey ‘Paraty’ (20% off with extra 20% off with code ‘FAMILY’)
6. A classic Fendi in navy – FENDI navy ‘3Jours’ (20% off with extra 20% off with code ‘FAMILY’)
7. Clean lines and classic color – FENDI black ‘2Jours’ (20% off with extra 20% off with code ‘FAMILY’)
We’ll save shoes and eBay/consignment store shopping for another day or else this blog post will be never-ending! I hope these tips and finds are helpful. If I come across any classic pieces on sale, I’ll share them right away. Happy hunting and thank you so much for reading!
:: Outfit ::
Top :: Forever 21 vest (old), Marissa Webb lace top (old, current collection)
Bottom :: Armani Exchange (old, similar here)
Shoes :: Fendi
Bag :: Chanel (vintage option)
Accessories :: Karen Walker sunglasses, Monica Vinader ring