Happy Wednesday everyone! A burst of spring colors today!
Jewel tones of rich ruby mixed with deep citrine. I love every detail of this top and shorts set! The corset style of the top paired with the high-waisted ruffles of the bottoms, I love that it’s so whimsical and fun. Perfect for spring, summer, and layered over a turtleneck without the shorts for fall and winter.
Talking about spring… it brings me to the subject of spring cleaning! One of my shopping secrets is that I re-home a lot (a lot!) of my clothes, bags, shoes, and accessories. This happens at least twice a year and I always look to buy pre-loved pieces. I love visiting vintage stores and shopping on consignment sites. I’m actually very familiar with buying and selling, because I was a huge Ebay-er back in the day. I think shopping on luxury secondhand sites can be very daunting, but if you get the hang of it, it’s a lot of fun! Now is actually a really good time, because it’s spring cleaning time. People are going through their closets and selling, which means it’s a good time to catch a great item at a great price.
I have a few shopping tips just in case you’re interested in buying pre-loved pieces:
– Start out with a specific brand or a few brands that you like and are familiar with current and estimated past pricing (spend time researching and price checking the items that you’re interested in). For me, it’s Burberry. I always always look for Burberry pieces. I have a soft spot for the Burberry Prorsum 2010, 2012, and 2013 collections. And I specifically hunt for past Burberry jackets and coats (for example, this red trench is from the Burberry Prorsum spring/summer 2013 collection).
– Start out with a specific category. I started with bags. After I got comfortable navigating and shopping on different consignment sites, I moved to jackets/coats and vintage earrings and rings.
– Invest in those pieces. It’s helpful if you have a wishlist in mind. And shop on sites that have a return policy (just in case if things don’t fit right or if sizing is off).
– If you haven’t touched that bag, that pair of gently worn shoes, that necklace you bought a few years ago, that coat, etc… take a look at it again and if there’s still no spark of love there, sell it. Most consignment sites will also buy. Personally, I use the Real Real. They do home pickups or you can mail your box of clothes/etc. to them for an evaluation.
– Sites that I check regularly: The Real Real (for jackets/coats, bags, and vintage earrings and rings), Fashionphile (for bags and I got my Dior bag there), and Trendlee (love browsing their Chanel collection).
Thank you so much for your kind words on my last blog post! I truly believe in restyling, editing, and reinvesting. I hope this post was helpful. If you have any questions about consignment, buying/selling, pre-loved, please let me know!
As always, thank you so much for reading!
:: Outfit ::
T O P :: Burberry red trench | Marissa Webb top
B O T T O M :: Marissa Webb shorts
B A G :: Givenchy bag
SH O E S :: Stuart Weitzman nude sandals (similar Steve Madden under $80)
A C C E S S O R I E S :: Karen Walker sunglasses | Catbird chocker